Monday, April 19, 2010

Mixed Vegetables

I bought some Thai asparagus to cook for dinner and look at the bunch of stuff I added to go with it! Carrots, grey prawns and shitake mushrooms. Stir fried and simmered. Seasoned with light soy sauce.

I'm just marvelling at how my kids like my cooking. I mean they really heap on the praises whenever I cook. Sometimes I think they're trying to be funny but they finish the food. That's the most important thing, right? I'm pretty sure the day will come when they get sick of mom's cooking. Whatever, I'll enjoy it while I can.

This is stir fried silver fish seasoned with shallots and soy sauce. It's best eaten deep fried but I don't deep fry at home. It's too much cleaning. There's a dim sum restaurant in Singapore that sells deep fried silver fish and it cost about SGD7.50 before tax. But worth every cent. My kids don't really care for silver fish but they'll eat it anyway.

Cabbage soup. Cabbage boiled in chicken parts. My son always requests for cabbage chicken soup.

No comments: