Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Chilli Prawns

I like a little chilli now and then. Unfortunately I'm one of those people whose sinus gets drained after eating chilli. In fact, whenever my nose gets blocked, I just eat something spicy and .....


Here are my ingredients for my chilli prawns. Onions, capsicum and 1 tablespoon of ground chilli mixed with a little water into paste. The capsicum is not too appropriate but I wanted to use it up.


I stir-fried the onions in my WMF stainless steel frying pan until fragrant. Next I added the chilli paste and stir-fry quickly before it starts to splutter. I add the prawns and cook till it turns pink. I add the capsicum before the prawns get fully cooked.


You can't really tell but the prawns are really large.


This is how we eat it - with mixed white/brown rice and chye sim(okay, not too sure if it's chye sim) cooked in seafood soup.

Verdict:
My kids say - not enough chilli!

Postmortem:
Don't hold back the chilli.

No comments: