Thursday, February 12, 2009

Rich Turmeric Chicken

I love turmeric anything. I don't know anyone else who has a thing for turmeric. I had been dying to try out Rich Turmeric Chicken from Hot & Spicy Treats by Mrs Leong Yee Soo. Finally I got all the ingredients I needed. And it's a lot of ingredients - corriander, cumin, cinnamon, curry, lots more ... and evaporated milk! This is the first time I come across a curry dish which does not use coconut milk. I was so excited. And confused. I had thought turmeric chicken uses just turmeric....


My goodness, it's so yellow. For once my gravy turned out thick instead of watery.


And this is how I eat eat - with mixed white/brown rice and a tall glass of grapefruit juice. (I also have a thing for grapefruit)

Verdict:
My girl said it's too fragrant but she liked it especially the gravy.
My boy said it's alright and I could cook it again.
My husband thought it was good.
I actually found the cumin too overpowering. Definitely too rich for me.

Postmortem:
This recipe did not achieve the kind of turmeric chicken I liked. Too much of everything.

No comments: